Member Appreciation Month
Last year we launched our first annual membership appreciation drive, “Mercatus Loves You, We Love Mercatus.” It is our way of showing our deep appreciation for all the businesses that have joined us over the years. We love our community and we love our members.
We hope this month you feel the love. We’ll be sharing Momentous stories from our members, scholarship opportunities just for members, and giveaways that will ensure that your stories are elevated, and we’ll grow our community along the way.
Learn more about what we have planned for members this month.
Momentous is Back
Tuesday, April 26 | 5 -8 PM
OSU Portland Center | 555 SW Morrison Ave, suite 200
Mercatus presents Momentous, a celebration to show appreciation for Portland’s diverse business community.
CONNECT by finding business support from local community organizations.
CELEBRATE while meeting other BIPOC business owners and share your Momentous Moments since you’ve been in business
CHILL and grab some food, take the night off. You deserve it!
Thank you to our sponsor, Oregon State University Alumni Association
Kim Nguyen, long-time Mercatus storyteller and founder of Photos By Kim, will be providing headshots during the event. Get there early to make sure you get yours.
Catering is provided by Plant-Based Papi, founded by Jewan Manuel. Jewan got started as a vegan pop-up in 2019 and has since taken off specializing in plant-based vegan comfort food.
David Van Overeem, founder of HAB Sauce, aka DJ Klavical will be at Momentous sharing his musical talents.
If you are looking for resources for your business visit these great organizations at Momentous
Here’s a Throwback to Momentous 2019
Scholarship for eCommerce Website
Mercatus has partnered with Odd Notion and New Coyote to offer scholarships for an eCommerce website. This scholarship package includes:
- Squarespace eCommerce site including product photography
- 1,000 words with copywriter Marina Martinez-Bateman from New Coyote
- $500 grant to cover hosting and domain fees for a year!
How it works:
- Complete the scholarship application by Wednesday, April 20.
- All eligible applicants will be entered into a drawing, and three applicants will be selected
- Award recipients will be notified via email the week of April 26
Eligible applicants must meet ALL of the following:
- Mercatus member operating in the City of Portland, registered with both the City of Portland and the state of Oregon
- Generating revenue for at least one year
- Not currently selling on an e-commerce website
- Sell a shippable packaged consumer product (packaged food, candles, clothing, fashion accessories, wellness products, skincare products, etc)
We already know that our Mercatus Members are amazing but we want everyone else to know too! Tell us about your Momentous Business Moments and get entered to win a 2-hour photo session with Mercatus Picture Day photographer, Kateshia Pendergrass of KRP Photography.
What is a Momentous Moment?
This is a winning moment for your business, one that changed the course of your business. Maybe you launched your first brick and mortar or maybe you were featured in a big media publication.
If your story is selected you will be featured at the Mercatus Momentous event, Mercatus website, newsletter, and social media.